Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

1920s Slang Narrative Example

 This past weekend was grand, and also very divine. Saturday morning I had to get up early to go to my little brother’s football game. Waking up early was horsefeathers. I couldn’t sleep in and get the extra sleep that I was waiting for all week. At eight o’clock we all jumped in the struggle buggy and drove down the main drag. The weather was absolutely lousy because it was so cold. It felt so cold, you would have to be blotto to even go outside. Although the weather wasn’t so darb, the game was. It was the bee’s knees. The team my brother was playing were the berries. They were undefeated and very hotsie-totsie. The game went swell for the first-half, and my brother’s team was the cat’s meow. However, in the second-half, they went down lickety-split. Towards the end of the game, the team was between a rock and a hard place. Their coach had just been ejected for not wising up by arguing with the referee. They were also down by a touchdown with very little time on the clock. Everybody on the team was playing sloppy because they were trying to hurry. They ended up losing, but the game was still the cat’s pajamas. All throughout the game, my mom was complaining about her cheaters. She said she was having trouble seeing through them, so I had to be the blind dragon home. On the way home, we stopped at a gas station to get some candy. When we were pulling out of the parking lot, I almost got into a crash with another struggle buggy. The people in the other struggle buggy looked as if they had a chopper pointed at them. My mom thought my driving was lousy and I felt like a nitwit for not seeing the other car. Besides the first mistake I made while driving, I thought my driving was darb. Later that night I watched a flick with the rest of my family. I thought the movie was raspberries, but everyone else found it to be divine. Overall, my weekend was grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment